The market offers several products for the toilets and you don’t want to gamble in buy one. In this article, I will highlight the types of toilets and a few things to look for in a toilet, but most importantly, a list of the top 5 products.
Before I proceed to list the top 5, it’s imperative that you understand the types of toilets. There are many things to look for in a toilet, they come in different designs, contemporary and classic. Besides, they differ in their functioning and reliability. This necessitates a choice, the environment and condition of the place the toilet will be installed should be taken into consideration.
Types of toilets
Whereas this section deals with types of toilets, let me just mention some of the popular brands of toilets, Toto, Kohler, American Standard, Mansfield Plumbing, and Woodbridge Bath. Also, find the below types of toilets.
1.The low-level toilet. They have their cistern fixed to the wall, are low to the ground, and have a short pipe that connects the cistern and the toilet.
2. Close Coupled toilet. They have a handle or push button on their which controls the flushing. They are floor standing and have their cistern attached to the back of their seat.
3. Back to wall toilets. They space because it has its cistern directly in the unit or concealed in the wall. They have a variety of flush mechanisms, sensor flush kit, lever flush, and push button.
4. Wall hung toilets. They also save a lot of apace since they are installed and fixed to a wall or panel such that they appear floating above the floor.
The best toilet models
If you are looking for a toilet that does very well in flushing and cleaning the bowl and efficient, then the below brands might surprise you.
1.TOTO CST744SL #01 Drake. It is a hybrid of traditional design and advanced technology which ensures enough flushing power and maintenance of sanitation.
2. American Standard 2862.056.020 Fairfield. It has a 2” trap way which makes the exit of waste from the bowl easier. It’s slightly lower than the rest, powerful, easy to clean, effective in flushing, and very quiet.
3. Woodbridge Bath T-0006. It doesn’t use a lot of water but it’s very effective in eliminating waste. It, therefore, will save you from exorbitant water bills yet still affordable. Most users consider it the most effective and stylish brand.
4. TOTO MS604114CEFG#1 Ultramax 11 HET Double Cyclone. It’s one of the high-end toilet fixtures and costs quite expensively, but its service is worth the price. It uses less water per flush and performs exceptionally well in all other aspects. Also, it has a clean solid look, a streamlined design, an excellent flushing design, and is ADA compliant.
5. Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa Comfort, 1.28 GPF (Aqua Piston Flush). It’s affordable and has excellent performance, and aesthetically good to look at. It has a system of Aquapiston canister which allows water to flow around the rim and along the sides of the bowl to maintain the toilet clean after every flush.
Any of the brands listed will not disappoint, however, I expect you to select based on what you can afford, preferences and needs, and availability of space.